Jan 31, 2011

14/15/16 - An action packed weekend...

It's amazing how much you can fit into a weekend when you put your mind to it! I've said all the way through that I'm determined that a healthy lifestyle won't turn me into a recluse, and this weekend I set out to prove it...

Friday night was one of those nights that you just fall back in love with Hong Kong. I took the Star Ferry over to Kowloon where I was meeting someone for a drink and dinner, which is onw of my favourite things to do. A quick cocktail (wine for her, fresh lime and soda for me) at The Peninsula before going for some fantastic street food at Temple Street Market. I had some steamed fish and steamed broccoli, both which were very good and felt like they were pretty healthy too. I forgot the carbs but had some brown bread when I got home later (cheating? probably just a little bit...). Temple Street is a great way to spend an evening; market stalls, open air food, Chinese Opera and fortune tellers. All these distractions also meant that the fact that we weren't drinking didn't matter at all. All in all a great evening!

Saturday morning meant new diet which all seems pretty good and straightforward. I headed to the gym and then made myself some lunch as I was going out on a junk (chinese boat) to a seafood restaurant for lunch. Luckily nobody minded that I wasn't actually eating but the food did look and smell AMAZING!! Salt and pepper squid, calamari, I'm salivating just thinking about it.... Dinner was back to my favourite chef who made me some seabass with salad and beetroot (he's still in my good books).

Sunday started with coffee with a friend (I'm drinking quite a lot of coffee at the moment, considering it my only vice...) before lunch with other friends. This included un-seasoned grilled sardines and a green salad. Lunch was followed by a foot massage and then the gym, before watching a small amount of the tennis. Finally a good (if somewhat plain) dinner of grilled peppers, chicken and cous cous before watching the movie Black Swan (which is brilliant by the way).

This morning I woke up feeling great! Not often you can say that on a Monday morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment